[mythtv-users] Is it possible add delay to sound?

IsmoT ismot at telemail.fi
Tue Oct 30 13:05:15 UTC 2012

I bought new tv.

It has very long delay when it processes picture. I realised that sound
is over 100ms ahead picture.
I have A/V Amplifier connected to my pc with digital coaxial cable. TV
is connected with dvi-hdmi cable.

I can add up to 80ms delay from amplifier, but it is not enought. I can
also reduce picture processing time if I select "PC-mode" from tv, but
after that motion looks horrible. I have also tried to take off all
picture processing options from tv, but I need to keep "Film mode" on,
that picture looks good.

So, is it possible to add delay to sound from alsa configuration? I
don't have pulseaudio, since I use minimyth. It also has no graphical
desktop.

Myth seems to have sound syncronisation in osd, but it does not affect
at all. I assume it does not work with digital sound output?

Regards, Kane