[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Oct 29 23:12:21 UTC 2012

On 29/10/12 22:06, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 29/10/12 20:52, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>>
>> That's pretty much it, the only difference between your and my system
>> seems to be the version.
>> If anyone could post the first part of mythburn.log where it kicks off
>> the downloading(from storage group) and subsequently
>> cutting/transcoding, it might provide more insight.
>> Thanks for your help anyway, it provided the insight that the updated
>> version from mythbuntu seems to crap up the config.xml files.
>>
>> Jos
>
> I can do that: I do use SGs but new recordings usually go to just one
> folder. I rarely cut or transcode in MA.
> -----------------------------------

<snip>
> Pre-processing recording 1: '/mnt/sam1/recb/1002_20120908214300.mpg'
<snip>

MythArchive has never supported storage groups. The files need to be
available locally so the tools that MythArchive uses has access to them.
That usually means having to use NFS to mount the files on the frontends
in the same directory that the backend can find them. The log snippet
above clearly shows the file is available on the local filesystem and
not via an SG (it would start with myth::// if it was only available via
an SG). There is a setting to copy files from remote file systems like
those mounted using NFS to the local file system that is just to speed
up processing since accessing large files via NFS can be slow but that
doesn't work using storage groups yet. Raymond Wagner did tell me how to
use the the python bindings to copy a file from a SG to a local file but
I left the project before I fully implemented it in the script.

Paul H.