[mythtv-users] Lost HDMI sound in Media Library->Search Internet videos after move to Mythbuntu 12.04

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:56:20 UTC 2012

On 30/10/2012 4:58 AM, "Tony Sauri" <hoiho.nz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30/10/12 00:13, Anthony Giggins wrote:

>>> Caveat1::  My production system is 0.21 running on _OLD_ hardware
>>>
>>> Caveat2:: I am running up a new system to be based on 0.24 on more
modern
>>> hardware with an HDMI interface.
>>>
>>> The FE hardware is an Atom Ion2 based system
>>>
>>> I was having trouble getting audio from all sources to output via the
HDMI
>>> port until I installed the following file at /etc/asound.conf
>>>

>>> # Start of File
>>> # #########################
>>>
>>> defaults.ctl.card 1
>>> defaults.pcm.card 1
>>> defaults.pcm.device 7
>>>
>>> pcm.!default {
>>>          type plug
>>>          slave.pcm "dmix"
>>> }
>>>
>>> # #########################
>>> # End of File
>>>

>>> It was only when I studied  the ALSA website and wiki (
>>> http://alsa.opensrc.org/.**asoundrc <http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc>
)

>>> that I came to understand what was needed for my particular situation.
>>>
>>> Tony
>>>

>>> Whats your mythtv audio device set too?
>>

>> Anthony
>>

> ALSA:default

Toni, are you on 12.04 though? I have the same experience as the other
people here after upgrade to 12.04. On thr frontend i solved the missing
sound in the browsers and the desktop by installing pavucontrol. On the
backend+frontend my .asoundrc file that worked for 6 years is being ignored
for some reason. Also in mythtv the list of devices has changed and i had
to try different options until i found the right hdmi device.