[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Oct 29 19:49:51 UTC 2012

On 29/10/12 18:51, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> Op 29-10-2012 17:24, John Pilkington schreef:

>>> I've just installed 0.25.3 and as usual, after checking for changes,
>>> replaced the distributed version of mythburn.py with my patched version.
>>>   I must confess that I had forgotten one patch that is probably still
>>> relevant here.  I need to correct one of the earlier references in this
>>> thread too.
>>>
>>> In the distributed version you will find
>>>
>>> configHostname = DB.gethostname()
>>>
>>> Replace this with
>>>
>>> configHostName = "TheFrontendNameAsSetInMythtvsetupAndPassedInConfigXml"
>>>
>>> I don't know if there's a way of doing this that doesn't require a new
>>> edit for every frontend.  Perhaps something like
>>>
>>> configHostName = DB.getlocalhostname()  ?
>>>
>>> Maybe that will help :-)
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> Yet another 'clarification', I'm afraid.  Applies to 0.25.3.
>>
>> Creation of a playable DVD works for me with or without the patch
>> immediately above if config.xml is as shown.  The patch had been
>> present in my working copy of mythburn.py, but was redundant.
>> config.xml should set the name properly for all relevant processes;
>> this would not be true if only the patch in mythburn.py was present.
>>
>> I still think that Jos's problem probably arises (if config.xml is of
>> the right format) because the copy of config.xml that he edited is not
>> the one being read by the user, mythtv, that is running his frontend -
>> but of course I could be wrong.
>>
>> John P
>>

> I've edited /etc/mythtv/config.xml:
>
> <Configuration>
>    <LocalHostName>frontend</LocalHostName>
>    <Database>
>      <PingHost>1</PingHost>
>          <Host>192.168.1.5</Host>
>          <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
>          <Password>verysecret</Password>
>          <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
>          <DBPort>3306</DBPort>
>    </Database>
>    <WakeOnLAN>
>      <Enabled>0</Enabled>
>      <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
>      <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
>      <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
>    </WakeOnLAN>
> </Configuration>
>
> And linked both users mythtv and frontend to it. The frontend is run by
> user frontend by the way, I'm guessing the user mythtv is a leftover
> from when I still had a slave-backend running on this machine.
> I could reproduce this by trying it on my laptop as well, same result.
> :/ All Ubuntu 12.04 with mythbuntu 0.26 repo.

I think I'm going to have to stop my 'help' on this.  Let's recap. Now
that you aren't using nfs, mythburn.py within MythArchive is looking
without success for things like

'myth://192.168.1.5:6543/1002_20121025205000.mpg'

but from the command line mythburn.py did find

"/mnt/video/1026_20121026205000.mpg"

If that's still a fair summary of the problem maybe someone else will be
able to suggest other things to try.  Good luck!

John P