[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Mon Oct 29 16:33:37 UTC 2012

Op 29-10-2012 12:26, John Pilkington schreef:
> On 28/10/12 23:58, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>>>
>>> To be clear, there are two formats of config.xml (full disclosure, I
>>> don't use the script being discussed I'm just comenting on the formats
>>> of the file.)
>>>
>>> 0.26 format:

>>> Pre 0.26 format (at the bottom of the post):
>>>
>>> I happen to run with 2 separate copies of the file, as suggested in
>>> the: diff ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml ~/.mythtv/config.xml. I probably
>>> should have suggested ls -ld ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
>>> ~/.mythtv/config.xml
>>> first to highlight any links. The values of$MYTHCONFDIR and $HOME also
>>> come into play here so I was suggesting the 'normal' location of the
>>> files.
>>>
>> Clear, top one is the one I need to use, adjusted to have all entries
>> exactly as described(I left the UDN in even though I don't really use
>> the renderer feature(does that actually work, pushing video to it?).
>>   Doesn't solve the problem of (now) double filename however, I'll call
>> it a day for now.
>>

> I've just installed 0.25.3 and as usual, after checking for changes,
> replaced the distributed version of mythburn.py with my patched
> version.  I must confess that I had forgotten one patch that is
> probably still relevant here.  I need to correct one of the earlier
> references in this thread too.
>
> In the distributed version you will find
>
> configHostname = DB.gethostname()
>
> Replace this with
>
> configHostName = "TheFrontendNameAsSetInMythtvsetupAndPassedInConfigXml"
>
> I don't know if there's a way of doing this that doesn't require a new
> edit for every frontend.  Perhaps something like
>
> configHostName = DB.getlocalhostname()  ?
>
> Maybe that will help :-)
>
> John
  :( Unfortunately it didn't.
I've undone the NFS export settings as they don't seem to work either :s
What I don't understand is this, if it's done the SG-way it cannot acces
the file even though mythfrontend etc can access it.
Using mythutil --copyfile --infile myth://blah.mpg --outfile bla.mpg I
can copy the file as well, which makes me believe it's not an error in
python-bindings.(right?)

Jos