[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Oct 29 16:24:58 UTC 2012

On 29/10/12 11:26, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 28/10/12 23:58, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>>>
>>> To be clear, there are two formats of config.xml (full disclosure, I
>>> don't use the script being discussed I'm just comenting on the formats
>>> of the file.)
>>>
>>> 0.26 format:

>>> Pre 0.26 format (at the bottom of the post):
>>>
>>> I happen to run with 2 separate copies of the file, as suggested in
>>> the: diff ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml ~/.mythtv/config.xml. I probably
>>> should have suggested ls -ld ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
>>> ~/.mythtv/config.xml
>>> first to highlight any links. The values of$MYTHCONFDIR and $HOME also
>>> come into play here so I was suggesting the 'normal' location of the
>>> files.
>>>
>> Clear, top one is the one I need to use, adjusted to have all entries
>> exactly as described(I left the UDN in even though I don't really use
>> the renderer feature(does that actually work, pushing video to it?).
>>   Doesn't solve the problem of (now) double filename however, I'll call
>> it a day for now.
>>

> I've just installed 0.25.3 and as usual, after checking for changes,
> replaced the distributed version of mythburn.py with my patched version.
>   I must confess that I had forgotten one patch that is probably still
> relevant here.  I need to correct one of the earlier references in this
> thread too.
>
> In the distributed version you will find
>
> configHostname = DB.gethostname()
>
> Replace this with
>
> configHostName = "TheFrontendNameAsSetInMythtvsetupAndPassedInConfigXml"
>
> I don't know if there's a way of doing this that doesn't require a new
> edit for every frontend.  Perhaps something like
>
> configHostName = DB.getlocalhostname()  ?
>
> Maybe that will help :-)
>
> John

Yet another 'clarification', I'm afraid.  Applies to 0.25.3.

Creation of a playable DVD works for me with or without the patch
immediately above if config.xml is as shown.  The patch had been present
in my working copy of mythburn.py, but was redundant.  config.xml should
set the name properly for all relevant processes; this would not be true
if only the patch in mythburn.py was present.

I still think that Jos's problem probably arises (if config.xml is of
the right format) because the copy of config.xml that he edited is not
the one being read by the user, mythtv, that is running his frontend -
but of course I could be wrong.

John P