[mythtv-users] small problems with lossless cut script

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Mon Oct 29 15:37:34 UTC 2012

On 12-10-29 08:06 AM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> After reading a few threads about the lossless cut script, I tried it
> out last weekend and noticed a few problems with it.
>
> 1. Logfiles are not kept although I set keep_log=true. The -k command
> line option works fine
>
> 2. The destination file doesn't contain subtitles. I live in the UK and
> record DVB-T. If I read the wiki page correctly it should work.
> Mediainfo finds the subtitle track and according to the log the
> ccextractor seems to run. I started the same command in a terminal and
> the resulting srt file is only 3 bytes. Do I need to adjust
> ccextractor_args?
>
> mythccextractor finds the subtitle, but doesn't produce a srt file. It
> saves a lot of png files in a subdirectory. But that's a topic for a new
> thread...
>
> 3. The script always seems to think that the recording was recorded with
> adaptor0, even though MythTV recorded some of the shows on a different
> device.
>
> 4. One of my tests resulted in a file which medioinfo reported is 133h
> long. Maybe it is because it has two audio tracks.
Thomas,
     Thanks for trying Lossless Cut. I am currently testing a new
releasewith a number of bug fixes and improvements.

1. This bug has been fixed in the next release.
2. It is likely that the missing subtitles were "DVB Subtitles". Only
telext subtitles were supportin v0.1.4. The next release addsoptional
support for DVB Subtitles.
3. I am not sure what you are referring to with "adpater0". Any
recording device information comes directly from the MythTV database and
is only used for information purposes, with no impact on the quality of
the Lossless Cut MKV file.
4. I have occasionally seen incorrect duration times reported by
mediainfo. This has nothing to do with multiple audio tracks as far as I
can tell. My own theory is that when merging the cut segments and the
original recording has some minor corruption, the mkvmerge's duration
valuegets screwed up. Mkvmerge then sets the video duration metadata
incorrectly. It has no effect on playbackbut certainly is incorrect when
displayed by mediainfo.

I think you will be pleased with the next release as it shouldaddress
numbers 1-3 of your concerns.

Thanks

Doug