[mythtv-users] Lost HDMI sound in Media Library->Search Internet videos after move to Mythbuntu 12.04

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:53:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>  I ended up install pavucontrol and setting the default pulseaudio device
> here, seems to work well so far
>
> sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

I've already installed that and gone through the various HDMI
controller choices, but still nothing, It's driving me crazy that
Myth's sound works except for the internet video stuff. (or if I want
to watch a show on a site on the TV).

It's so bizarre that what worked for 18 months has been borked by
12.04, but just a quick search will show you how many people were
bitten by sound issues with 12.04.

For those of you with 12.04 that do have all your sound working (myth,
flash, apps, etc) did you do a clean install or an upgrade? I filed a
question on launchpad with all the debug info:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/212597