[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Oct 28 21:51:20 UTC 2012

On 28/10/12 21:14, Jos Hoekstra wrote:

> I understand that part, however it is what is supplied by default by
> mythbuntu and I only changed the name of the frontend.
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/browser/mythtv/mythtv/contrib/config_files/config.xml?rev=16b232a56480538fcca2115be31f636bde253e40
> seems to contradict you however?
> Whatever is in there, doesn't seem to influence the behaviour in
> mytharchive however.
> A default config seems to error on not finding the file via
> myth://192.168.1.5:6543/filename.mpg and with nfs and adding it in the
> database with RecordedFilePrefix with the frontends local mount I get
> the same error not finding /mnt/video/filename.mpg/filename.mpg.
>
> *sigh* ;)
>
> Jos

Copying from here: (Bill Meek's question)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/531848#531848

----------------
When you start mythbackend from the command line, are you using the
--user mythtv
option? If not, type:

   diff ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml ~/.mythtv/config.xml

to see if there's a difference between your config and mythtv's.

I don't think we've seen this yet, and I believe (if the xml parsing is
correct) that it might be the problem.

I posted my config.xml here, but the indentation is lost and AIUI in my
Fedora setup no additional user is invoked:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/531272#531272

where the LocalHostName is the one defined on Page 2 of mythtvsetup.

Cheers,

John