[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut and keyframes

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 02:34:25 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just started testing the new lossless_cut files (/usr/bin/lossless_cut
> -f "%DIR%/%FILE%" -r as a user job). Canada, ASTC with an HDHomerun.
>
> I edited out the commercials, making sure the cuts were on keyframes.
> This worked fine with mythtranscode efore that started acting weird in
> .26.
>
> The lossless_cut job ran very fast. When I checked the file out, the
> cuts were off a few frames and I still had a few frames of the
> commercials. Looking at the wiki entry I saw that you're suggesting
> running "/usr/bin/keyframe_adjust -f "%DIR%/%FILE%""
>
> Will that aid with what I saw tonight?

One quick note: once the lossless_cut has run and it's been converted
to an mkv, is that it for editing? I went to see if I could snip out
the bit of commercial that was left, but I rec'd a no seektable
message. Is it possible to rebuild the seektable after it's been
converted to mkv? mythtranscode's lossless cuts allowed you to re-edit
mpeg2.