[mythtv-users] Lost HDMI sound in Media Library->Search Internet videos after move to Mythbuntu 12.04

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 01:08:35 UTC 2012

Posting this in a bunch of places to try and get the answer ASAP and
figure it does qualify as sound is not working in Media
Library->Search Internet videos and may try to blame Myth.

Myth Recordings and Video sound though HDMI works fine. I just can't
get sound to work (and it work pre-12.04) in Media Library->Search
Internet videos and on the desktop.

Headphone jack sound works fine.

Here's the asound.conf:

pcm.!default {
 type plug
 slave.pcm {
 type hw
 card 1
 device 9
 }
}

speaker-test -Dhw:1,9 -c2 generates sound on the TV through HDMI. This
worked before. Full details at:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/206976/lost-application-sound-through-hdmi-after-12-04

Again, I figured I should post here as well since Media
Library->Search Internet videos sound loss may throw some newer MythTV
users.