[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Oct 25 11:37:12 UTC 2012

Ian,
     I am not using Mythbuntu but I do run my backend under a"mythtv"
user account. Here are the permissions my configuration file and that
directory has. Use this only for access rights comparison only:
 > sudo -umythtv ls -ls ~/.mythtv/lossless_cut.cfg
8 -rw-r--r-- 1 doug doug 7886 Oct 20 14:27
/home/doug/.mythtv/lossless_cut.cfg
 > sudo -umythtv ls -ls ~/.mythtv
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 doug doug 27 Apr 12  2012 /home/doug/.mythtv ->
/media/virtual/home/.mythtv

Although I will add a trap for that abort,permissions for a "~/.mythtv"
directory must be set so that the script can write the configuration
file. Maybe allowing R/W for all users to the "/home/mythtv/.mythtv"
will resolve the issue.

The suggestion in the wiki for running the --test step using a leading
"sudo -umythtv" was given to me by a user who resolved their own issues
with that command. I have not tested it myself.

Thanks for bring this abort to my attention and I hope these suggestions
help.

Doug