[mythtv-users] Migration from 0.23.1 to 0.25.2 --- partial mythconverg update

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 24 03:33:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

Several months ago I started to add in an HD-PVR to my system.  That
drove me to migrate from version 0.23.1 to 0.25.2 for Myth.  As it
turned out I had to change from CentOS-5 to Fedore 16 to get the latest
HD-PVR drivers.  Which in turn forced a switch to systemd and to xfce4
(from KDE) and to grub2 (from grub).  And so, it took abit longer than
initially planned.  Phew!

When I started out, I set up a new disk partition, installed Fedora 16
on it, and did all my work there.  I was able to keep Myth 23.1 up and
running (WAF critical) in the old partition, and jump over to the new
one when I had time to work on it.  When I started, I copied over the
complete data base and used it for alot of the testing.  It all went
fairly well (it now works).

So now I have the original partition with Myth 23.1 and a current
mythconverg  plus a new partition with Myth 25.2 and an old
mythconverg.  I can use myth video to get all the recordings from the
old to the new, and all the critical settings data is already there.
But how do I get the recordings history from the old partition with the
current data, to the new partition with the old data?

Perhaps I could do a "partial restore" .... but Mr Dean's admonitions
against it are strong.  Anybody got a better idea, or successful experience?

Thanks!

Joe Henley