[mythtv-users] mythlink and NFS mounts

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Tue Oct 23 00:15:21 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 2:28 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 13:35, Larry Roberts wrote:
>> and also changed from NFS to CIFS for the mount
>
> You were using a Windows NFS client?
Well I did try that (Unix Services for Windows) but the particular
change I was talking about was how my Linux Box was mounting the share.

I have the share available as both NFS and CFS.  I tried both in my
/etc/fstab to see if that would fix the problem early on.  I finally
went back to CIFS, and that combined with the other changes seemed to
have fixed it.
I suspect that it was the symlinks change that was the real fix but for
some reason that didnt seem to work with NFS.

I may have been able to play with my NFS mount parameters to get that to
work, but quite honestly Its just easier to setup and understand as a
CIFS share. Not to mention my kids are home and won't tolerate me
messing with their videos.  Not a battle I want to fight :)

Sorry for the confusion.