[mythtv-users] ProjectX 0.90.4 doesn't support the -set option

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:55:20 UTC 2012

On 10/22/12 2:31 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I've had no problems with the slightly earlier version I'm using now,
> but I usually use it outside MythArchive and retain only a single stereo
> channel.   It identifies itself as ProjectX 0.91.0.03/31.05.2012 TEST
> PROJECT ONLY , User: John

Hi John,

I've tried ProjectX 0.91, and it does indeed allow for the use of the
-set command-line option again.   However, when using the "-set
ExternPanel.appendPidToFileName=1" command-line flag, the output files
are named as such:
stream{0x0000-0xE0-0x00}.m2v
stream{0x0000-0xBD-0x80}.ac3

So just as with ffmpeg, it seems that having a dependency on an external
application, MythTV (MythArchive) is risking spontaneous breakage
depending on when distros decide to update certain packages (projectx in
this case).

I've tried a couple of projectx versions, and have yet to find the
version that simultaneously:
1) Works with MythTV
2) Supports the "-set ExternPanel.appendPidToFileName=1" option
3) Names the output files in a way that mythburn.py is expecting (e.g.
stream0.ac3)

Does anybody happen to know a projectx version that behaves in such a way?

In the end, mythburn.py is probably going to need a bit of work before
it handles both mythtranscode and projectx seamlessly.  Because I've got
everything working on my own system, the motivation is not completely
there.  :)

However, if there's any sort of demand I could possibly work on a sane
patch that others could use.

-WD