[mythtv-users] Default Mythtv Version

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Mon Oct 22 14:22:55 UTC 2012

So I'm looking to do an upgrade from an older CentOS 5.8 box to a new
6.3 version.

I'm running .24.3 on the 5.8 box, but I dont know what the default is
for a new install on 6.3.

I want to make sure that I can do an backup/restore of my data to the
new machine but I'm concerned that 6.3 will have a newer version of
mythtv while I'm stuck with .24.3 on my 5.8 as thats the newest version
yum seems to want to provide.
I have to pull my pvr-350 from the old server to the new one so I'm
trying to minimize downtime by knowing ahead of time what version I need
to be on.

Is there an easy way I'm not thinking of to see what the version of
mythtv that will be installed?

I'm planning on using Axels repository @ atrpms.net I think from what I
can tell while browsing his repository that mythtv will install .26,
while I could do a mythtv-0.24 to get the old version..

Why I'm second guessing myself though is that I see the same info for
RHEL5 but yum doesn't offer up the .26 version.

Perhaps another way of asking the question would be how would you do an
upgrade from one server to another, while upgrading OS versions and
trying to maintain all your myth DB information?