[mythtv-users] Ignoring certain channels from certain inputs

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Oct 21 17:09:48 UTC 2012

On 21/10/12 17:28, Mark Greenwood wrote:

> Thanks all, that's helpful. I'm getting somewhere with this now but I have another question that the Wiki hasn't been able to help me with.
>
> After the scan, mythtv tells me it has found 70 non-conflicting channels. I add these and they all appear with the correct channel number. This in itself is progress :) But it also says it has found '42 new conflicting DVB channels'. Now, the word 'conflicting' makes me think I can ignore these, but if I do ignore them then I don't get channels such as BBC2 at all. This is where my frustration is coming in - I'm having to manually set channel number for 42 channels. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

If you are working with a main transmitter you'll probably get around
115 channels eventually.  The Transport editor should show 5 SD
transports and, if you have HD hardware, 1 HD transport.

By now you may know which transports you want and which come from other
transmitter(s).  Delete the ones that you don't want, delete all dvb
channels, and go round the 'all known transports/ look for linked
transports' loop again, and perhaps again...

If things still don't work it might help if we knew -approximately -
where you are.

And, by the way, I think you might think about the motivations of
Panasonic and the developers of Open Source software.

And there's a good searchable source of info here:

Cheers,

John P