[mythtv-users] MythTV: computer not waking up for scheduled shows

Brian Warkentin bswarkentin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:46:41 UTC 2012

Since upgrading to 0.26 my MythTV backend/frontend is not waking up
for scheduled recordings. I have been using mythwelcome and have two
predefined wakeup periods setup. The computer does wakeup for both of
these periods (and shuts down afterwards) as expected. There seems to
be something odd with the alrm_date saved when rtc is read out. For
example during a wakeup period today cat /proc/driver/rtc shows:
brian at mythtv:~$ cat /proc/driver/rtc
rtc_time        : 17:47:30
rtc_date        : 2012-10-18
alrm_time       : 17:00:07
alrm_date       : 2012-11-18
alarm_IRQ       : no
alrm_pending    : no
update IRQ enabled      : no
periodic IRQ enabled    : no
periodic IRQ frequency  : 1024
max user IRQ frequency  : 64
24hr            : yes
periodic_IRQ    : no
update_IRQ      : no
HPET_emulated   : no
BCD             : yes
DST_enable      : no
periodic_freq   : 1024
batt_status     : okay

The computer was set in mythwelcome to wakeup at 10 am (17:00 UTC I
think) on today's date 2012-10-18 and it did so. But the alrm_date is
set for next month.

Suggestions?