[mythtv-users] MythArchive (MythBurn?) can't find temp folder despite being set

John Brown jb2904 at johnbrown.com.au
Wed Oct 17 00:15:44 UTC 2012

Added to my long list of things Ubuntu doesn't do now that I've 'upgraded' to 12.04 (fresh install) is that I can't write MythTV Recordings to DVD

The log shows the following error:

ERROR: Can't find the setting for the temp directory

This is despite the temp directory being set in the Setup > Archive File Settings

I currently have the temp file set as:

drwxrwxr-x mythauto mythauto ... /home/mythauto/.mythtv/tmp/

Under various suggestions I have tried various users and group ownership, including mythtv mythtv, and various locations, but nothing makes any difference.

I noticed that I now have two options to write a DVD in the Archive Files menu: 1) Create DVD and 2) Create Archives. The above error results from using the Create DVD option. If I use Create Archives instead it works, but never gives me the option to use the Cut Lists. When I press M for the menu on a particular recording the only option I have is the remove the recording. There is no option to use the cut-list or change the recording profile etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John

New Ubuntu Slogans:
Ubuntu 12.04: Linux for people looking for excuses to change to Windows
Ubuntu 12.04: Linux for business who think productivity is best spent try to confuse users
Ubuntu 12.04: Linux for geeks who love trying to figure out problems in chat forums
Ubuntu 12.04: Linux for aliens (clearly not intended for humans)