[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct not populating

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Oct 16 13:33:34 UTC 2012

>   While I would typically agree with most of the folks on this list
>> who would say that there is no reason to reinstall... I know I did it
>> quite frequently when I first got started in linux.  Eventually you
>> will break yourself of it... I know I havent done a fresh install in 4
>>
>> years or so... even though most of my hardware has been upgraded twice
>> in that time.
>>

> I have been using Linux as my only home operating system for about a
> decade. I don't reformat and reinstall on my personal computers... but
> unless someone can tell me what they heck is wrong with this system, why
> shouldn't I just spend a few hours reinstalling and reconfiguring it rather
> than a few days or weeks trying to find out what's wrong?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be condescending.  Your welcome to do as you wish
of course... I was just pointing out that many long term users prefer to
figure out what went wrong rather than just getting things working again as
quickly as possible; however in some cases it makes sense to just reload.

I suspect that it would be faster to simply backup and drop your database
altogether and see what happens when you set it up all over again.