[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Scott Harris scott.harris0509 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:06:08 UTC 2012

>Currently the "Lossless Cut" set of utilities are available as an Alpha
>release. The intent is to have MythTV users qualify their recorded videos
>to determine the script's compatibility with a wide variety of recording
>devices.
-- snip --

Doug,

One thing I discovered today is Lossless Cut breaks mythweb's direct
download links and streaming ability.  If you navigate to the recordings
screen in mythweb and click on the direct download link for a recording that
has been "lossless cut" you'll get an error about an unknown file type.  You
also can't stream it.  I found this
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-December/273971.html which
contains the solution....

"To allow for mkv (and others) to be directly downloaded, edit
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/stream/stream_raw.pl and add the
filetype under "# File Type" (line 26).

For example, mkv files can be added under the .nuv section with the
following:

elsif ($basename =~ /\.mkv$/) {
         $type   = 'video/x-matroska';
         $suffix = '.mkv';
     }
"

Might be worth adding to the wiki.  Or having mythweb updated.