[mythtv-users] Stop recording using python myth bindings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 15 20:36:47 UTC 2012

On 09/12/2012 06:45 AM, Rajendra Kumar wrote:
> Is there a provision to stop current recordings using Python myth
> bindings.
>
> I have tried using deleteRecording(force=True) method of MythBE class -
> This is deleting recorded content and removing recorded details from the
> database.
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/0.24_Python_bindings/Connection_Handlers#MythBE)
>

> Please let me know if there is a way to just stop the recording
> without deleting the recorded file.

You need to send a STOP_RECORDING command to the backend, but it looks
like this one hasn't been abstracted by the Python bindings.  So, you
could do it with a backendCommand, but--better--would be to add support
for stopRecording to the bindings and submit a patch.  It should be
relatively straightforward to add using, for example, forgetRecording as
a template.

Mike