[mythtv-users] wish: Channel groups for scheduling

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Oct 15 17:48:21 UTC 2012

On 15/10/12 17:28, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/15/2012 02:19 AM, Lee Donaghy wrote:
>> The problem i got with selecting any channel was with repeat channels like
>> Dave (UK channel) having a mix of old programing from other channels.
>
> And you're saying that duplicate matching doesn't work across those
> channels--because the channels have different subtitle/description information
> (or because EIT is sticking extra, non-subtitle data into subtitle or something)?

On Dave and similar channels which are basically reshuffled repeats the subtitle
and description may vary from that used when it originally aired - or be missing
entirely. I have to be careful myself when scheduling some series on
BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 since in the other channels the 'rerun' descriptor is often
missing from the end of the description and I get loads of matches.

--

Mike Perkins