[mythtv-users] Progress bar on 0.25

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 23:24:35 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the version I have installed: ffmpeg-0.10.2-54.fc16.i686  and
> yum is reporting it as the latest version available (for fedora 16).

MythTV does not use the system ffmpeg.  It uses a copy
at the time of the port.  For (almost) every MythTV release,
the "then current" ffmpeg is ported to MythTV and will be
the version used in that release of MythTV.  If specific
ffmpeg patches are identified that correct an issue in
MythTV that patch may be backported, but in general
you get what you get at release until the next port.  So,
you should not expect MythTV to see a revised ffmpeg
port until the 0.27 timeframe.  Of course, anyone is free to
review all the ffmpeg commits and see if there is someone
that sounds related, and to do their own backport of that
ffmpeg patch to their current MythTV sources, and if it
resolves the issue, add in that information to the ticket.