[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag failing on HDHR Prime

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:38:34 UTC 2012

Now that 0.26 is out, I'm curious about other .26 adopter's experience with
mythcommflag and the HDHR Prime (with cable card).  I cannot pinpoint
exactly when I started having failures, but it has been at least 4 months.
 I want to say that it started happening when the ffmpeg library was merged
into the mythtv repository but I have no notes to back that up.

I have an HDHR Prime that records my HD cable channels, an HDHR dual
channel that records OTA HD channels and a Hauppauge HVR1800 PCIe tuner
that also records OTA HD channels.  Virtually every recording off of the
HDHR Prime (>90%) fails in commercial flagging (mythcommflag segfaults)
even though the recordings look fine when watched.  Virtually every
recording off of the HDHR and HVR1800 succeed in commercial flagging.

I am running Ubuntu 1204 (Precise) on an Intel i5 quad core system with 8GB
RAM and the pae kernel and running myth from git head.

There was some discussion about this earlier and the devs pointed to ffmpeg
being the culprit (most of the time).  But I'm curious as to whether or not
I am using the wrong settings for the HDHR Prime (not really sure there are
any), wrong firmware, or what.  Can others who use the HDHR Prime (USA)
pitch in with their experiences whether or not they are seeing the same
problem?

-- Ken E.