[mythtv-users] MythExpress, a browser based mythtv client

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Oct 12 18:08:25 UTC 2012

> > The closest I have to a local mode is a button that will fire
> > compatible video directly at the browser. TED talks are already in
> > h.264 format so I bypass the transcoding and watch them as
> > downloaded.
>
> MythNetVision already has a TED channel which uses the native
> mythfrontend player, so fast forwarding and rewinding the downloaded
> video is possible.

What he is creating is a web based frontend for mythtv... so mythnetvision
wouldn't apply here.

I have often thought that it would be interesting to see what it would look
like to replace the frontend application with something that ran in a
browser in kiosk mode... the myth api has made that a real possibility.
 And so many people out there know how to write good
PHP/HTML/Javascript/CSS... so it might create a variety of themes.
 Obviously, I'm not sure how it would work with a remote, LCD, or other
local hardware... but the idea has been bouncing around my head.