[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Oct 12 06:06:14 UTC 2012

> This is due to the 10-second idle timeout in mythdownloadmanager.cpp.
>
> I'm curious how long this is taking to see if it makes sense to bump the
> timeout up or if we're going to allow specifying a timeout per download
> to allow Schedules Direct / TMS downloads to take longer.
>
> If you compile from source, can you try something?
>
> Edit libs/libmythbase/mythdownloadmanager.cpp and look around line 816 for
> this:
>
>         (dlInfo->m_lastStat.secsTo(MythDate::current()) < 10)) ||
>
> Change that 10 to a 15 and try again.  If that doesn't work, bump it up to
> 20
> and try again, seeing how high you have to go to get it to work.  Also, how
> many channels are we talking about?

Chris,

I am trying to follow that log file, just so I better understand how to
interpet them in the future.  I see the download start at 22:02:38, and
work fine up to  22:02:42, where it has downloaded 53402 bytes.  Then
nothing for 10 seconds, when it finally fails the download at 22:02:52.
 This looks to me like the timeout is only after 10 seconds with no
data received.  Would increasing this delay really make a difference if SD
has truly stopped sending data?  Isn't it unusual to get 53K in 4 seconds,
then nothing for the next 10 (assuming that the first 53K wasn't the
complete file)?

I suspect that this isn't on the client side at all... instead, I suspect
that the query isn't completing on the SD side.  At least that's what I
would conclude based upon my interpretation of the logs... am I way off
base?