[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Krys Allen allen.krys at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 03:54:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Krys Allen <allen.krys at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Interesting Ron, I wonder if I should try deleting my lineups and
> > adding one I know has much fewer channels?
>
> It's worth a shot. I was thinking about doing it but didn't want to
> mess with your lineup and undo you work. And since we've confirmed
> it's not something you are doing wrong, I figure you could handle it
> from there and report back what you figure out.
>

> --
> Ron Frazier

Looks like Ron was spot on... I deleted my digital cable lineups and added
a local antenna lineup with a lot less channels and it added the lineup
instantly!! went back to my schedules direct account and added my digital
lineup alongside the antenna lineup, ran mythtv setup and the fetch
channels failed.

So there is definitely something up with my lineup, whether its too many
channels or something else, at least we have some sort of reproducible
error.