[mythtv-users] Upgraded to Fedora 17, now Ceton InfiniTV4 PCIe broken

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Oct 12 01:11:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Scott Knight <scott at scottknight.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Today, I upgraded my backend server from Fedora 16 to Fedora 17. The upgrade
> seems to have gone smoothly enough except for the fact that my Ceton tuner
> card is not working.  This thing has been flawless since I installed it late
> last year.   Now, tonight, I can't get it working to save my life (and my
> family is about to disown me over missing the Steelers game in 13 minutes).
> Mythtv just says there was a problem with all of the tuners.

I think your problem is that you are missing the following:
/dev/ceton/ctn91xx_mpeg0_0
/dev/ceton/ctn91xx_mpeg0_1
/dev/ceton/ctn91xx_mpeg0_2
/dev/ceton/ctn91xx_mpeg0_3

Your best bet is to forget about accessing the device handles directly
(that was the old style method from my original patch) and try using
the RTP method for configuring. When you are in mythtv-setup. when it
asks for the card number, instead of "0" enter "RTP". The tuner
numbers will still be 0-3. The IP address will be whatever gets you
into the ceton web interface. It used to be 192.168.200.1, but in your
logs I see 192.168.200.100. However, I think that is just the IP for
the ctn0 device. I think you'll still use 192.168.200.1. Just use a
web browser on that system and see what IP brings up the web
interface.

Alternatively, you can create the symlinks from
/dev/ceton/ctn91xx_mpeg0_* to /dev/ctn91xx_mpeg0_*, but i'll leave it
up to you to figure out how to make sure they get recreated properly
(with the correct permissions) every time you reboot (not sure if
fedora uses udev or whatever).

--
Ron Frazier