[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Oct 11 13:41:26 UTC 2012

On 10/10/12 9:52 AM, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> On 12-10-10 08:56 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
>> do you know of any non-Myth utilities that will do this correctly
> Dan,
>     My only experience with the rebuild issue is with my own h.264
> HDPVR recordings. I don't know if the issue applies beyond that video
> encoding type. That being said I have not spent much time looking for
> an alternative.
>
> What I do know is that mkvmerge, Avidemux and maybe even ffmpeg
> (avconv) can determine a videos keyframes. I did spend a limited
> amount of time trying to see if I could extract that keyframe data out
> of an Avidemux "idx" files but could not figure it out.
I played with the data returned by ffmpeg's "showinfo" selector, and
can't find any meaningful correlation between the places it thinks are
keyframes and what Myth saves in recordedseek when a recording is first
saved.

(Sorry to change the topic of this thread so drastically. I had
originally intended to send my previous message off-list, but forgot to
remove the list from the To field.)