[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Oct 10 21:36:31 UTC 2012

>     I have built multiple mythbuntu installs over the past week and for

>>> Time and date are fine, I ran setup verbose and still just got the same
>>> error
>>>
>>> 012-10-10 15:33:28.428702 I [3516/3516] CoreContext
>>> mythmainwindow.cpp:2540 (LockInputDevices) - Unlocking input devices
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:30.469007 I [3516/3516] CoreContext videosource.cpp:349
>>> (fillSelections) - Fetching lineups from Schedules Direct...
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:30.487697 I [3516/3516] CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1158
>>> (GrabData) - DataDirect: Grabbing channel data
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:30.487762 I [3516/3516] CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1021
>>> (DDPost) - Downloading DataDirect feed
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:43.957694 E [3516/3516] CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1186
>>> (GrabData) - DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:43.957707 E [3516/3516] CoreContext videosource.cpp:359
>>> (fillSelections) - DDLS: fillSelections did not successfully load selections
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:43.957974 I [3516/3516] CoreContext datadirect.cpp:573
>>> (~DataDirectProcessor) - DataDirect: Deleting temporary files
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:48.576878 E [3516/3516] CoreContext settings.cpp:204
>>> (setValue) - SelectSetting::setValue(): invalid index: -1 size:
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:48.782630 E [3516/3516] CoreContext settings.cpp:204
>>> (setValue) - SelectSetting::setValue(): invalid index: -1 size:
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:48.962658 E [3516/3516] CoreContext settings.cpp:204
>>> (setValue) - SelectSetting::setValue(): invalid index: -1 size:
>>> 2012-10-10 15:34:49.127882 E [3516/3516] CoreContext settings.cpp:204
>>> (setValue) - SelectSetting::setValue(): invalid index: -1 size:
>>>
>>> I am sure it isn't pulling the lineup because there is nothing to select
>>> in the lineup dropdown box after it finishes...plus the download error in
>>> the log is telling. I wish there were a way to do this manually so i could
>>> just get on with it, especially since mythfilldatabase works, all i need is
>>> to set my lineup and ill be good.
>>>

>> Try disabling IPv6:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/57702?do=post_view_flat#57702
>>

>> I installed all updates still nothing, disabled IPV6 and still nothing.

This is really odd... I'd bet its something stupid.

Are you sure your router/firewall isn't filtering it for any reason.  From:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11927568:

"Ok so I figured out what the problem was. For some reason a change from
.24 to .25 changed the way that the mythfilldatabase was contacting
Schedules Direct. So since I am running an Astaro firewall at home, the
firewall was attempting to virus scan the feed coming in from schedules
direct. A quick modification to the firewall scan rules and I am now once
again receiving guide data. Grrr stupid firewalls."