[mythtv-users] No audio strangeness

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at randomstring.org
Wed Oct 10 17:32:31 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 07:35:33PM +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> Have to say I clicked on this thread because I thought the subject
> line meant someone was claiming to have had a good experience.
>
> As in "finally I got my system working with no audio strangeness".

My system is working with no audio strangeness.

5.1 channel analog output to a receiver; alsamixer to correct
for some channel balance problems (front speakers too loud
compared to center channel); low cpu usage, nothing odd at all.

The hardest part was making sure that I had the right cables
plugged in to the right jacks, and then learning the secret
command to switch my sound card into multichannel mode.

-dsr-