[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Krys Allen allen.krys at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:53:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

>>> So wait a second... your trying to tell me that a working install failed
>>> with just a hardware change... that makes no sense.  I suspect that it's a
>>> network issue, as that is the only thing that would fit.
>>>
>>> Are you using DHCP?  Is there anything unique about it's configuration?
>>>
>>> If your using manual IP's, did  you set dns servers in resolv.conf?
>>>
>>> Actually I have even tried a fresh install on the exact same hardware
>> and different hardware. And by fresh install I mean as soon as mythbuntu
>> boots for the first time I go into the backend setup and try to add a video
>> source. Then when I try to fetch channels the progress bar goes to 50% then
>> disappears.
>>
>> My network is DHCP, nothing unique. Same dhcp networt that I used a month
>> ago when I build my production backend that works.
>>

> I, and several others, had the same problem upon installing and updating
> mythbuntu 12.04... but a reboot resolved it.  I suspected that some library
> was getting upgraded or soemthing, but because it was in use during the
> upgrade the new version was not being used.  One other guy had a DNS issue
> (used a static IP and didn't set the DNS servers).
>
> What really gets me is that a working install doesn't work when moved to
> new hardware... this rules out anything software related... which makes me
> suspect network.
>
> Are you prompted for a password if you go to "/
> http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService"...
> if you supply your SD credentials you should get a GET method not supported.

I went to that link and was prompted, after entering my credentials I got
the "GET method" error.

I think I might have mislead you somehow. I haven't moved a working install
to new hardware. I have a working install that I shutdown and removed the
disk on, so that I could test a fresh install on hardware that I know has
worked. I have also tried fresh installs on different hardware and even on
VM. I am confident that my network isn't the issue because I do have my
working install on the same network, also I can hit Schedules Direct
manually. I don't think it is a hardware issue because I have tried it
on different types of hardware (and even my known working hardware). I am
at a loss and becoming frustrated!!

-Krys