[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Krys Allen allen.krys at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:04:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

>> I have built multiple mythbuntu installs over the past week and for some
>> reason none of them will allow me to download my channel lineup from
>> schedules direct. I have tried on 0.25, 0.25 + fixes, and 0.26. I have
>> tried on multiple types of hardware and vm's. I even pulled the drive out
>> of my current working myth 0.25 back-end and tried on that hardware
>> which previously worked fine, and it wont even work.
>>

> So wait a second... your trying to tell me that a working install failed
> with just a hardware change... that makes no sense.  I suspect that it's a
> network issue, as that is the only thing that would fit.
>
> Are you using DHCP?  Is there anything unique about it's configuration?
>
> If your using manual IP's, did  you set dns servers in resolv.conf?
>
> Actually I have even tried a fresh install on the exact same hardware and
different hardware. And by fresh install I mean as soon as mythbuntu boots
for the first time I go into the backend setup and try to add a video
source. Then when I try to fetch channels the progress bar goes to 50% then
disappears.

My network is DHCP, nothing unique. Same dhcp networt that I used a month
ago when I build my production backend that works.