[mythtv-users] was add season and episode number to parameters for mythlink.pl

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:31:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Phil Wild <phil at holobyte.com.au> wrote:

> late in on this thread but this feature excites me too...
> Thanks for the info.
> One other feature that would be worthwhile but I don't think is in there yet would be to distinguish between movies and TV Shows so that links to Movies could be generated into one directory structure and links to TV shows into another. I assume the best way of doing this might be to have mythlink.pl read an additional parameter to restrict it's output to a certain content type. That way you could run it twice, once for each content type in your library.

If your listings data shows the category as 'Movie' then the below tag
should do what you want.

%C   = Category

As for separate directories just use the directory seperator in the
format such as:
mythlink.pl --link /mnt/pretty --chanid %CHANID% --starttime
%STARTTIME%  --format '%C/%T/%T%-%S'

Personally I don't like using the category because not all movies are
listed consistently as a Movie in the category.  I don't know if there
is another field in the database that would consistently contain that
data, maybe Raymond or Mike could chime in here.

For my setup, I use a recording group called 'Movies' so that I can
filter the list in the MythTV frontend.  The same logic would work for
mythlink and the use of that format tag:

%U   = RecGroup

Now, the real power of you suggestion:  Add a Filter option
I like this idea, that way you can specify different formats dependent
upon the filters you set up, and run mythlink as many times as you
want to.

Was the patch that was submitted going to be applied?  Or do we need
to find a more elegant solution to the zero padding that was used?

Jeremy