[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Krys Allen allen.krys at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:23:47 UTC 2012

All,
I have built multiple mythbuntu installs over the past week and for some
reason none of them will allow me to download my channel lineup from
schedules direct. I have tried on 0.25, 0.25 + fixes, and 0.26. I have
tried on multiple types of hardware and vm's. I even pulled the drive out
of my current working myth 0.25 back-end and tried on that hardware
which previously worked fine, and it wont even work. When I check
my back-end log all it says is:

"(GrabData) DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error"
(fillSelections DDLS: fillSelections did not successfuly load selections

same error on all of my installs... this is becoming very frustrating. I
know my SD account is good because it works on my produciton backend
(0.25+fixes). I cant imagine its hardware because I have used the same
hardware that has worked before. I can run mythfilldatabase, but that
doesnt grab my channels and I need them to set up my tuner card. At this
point I don't even care about getting the fetch channels button to work if
there is some way I can manually do it as a work around.

-Krys