[mythtv-users] Question about upgrading from 0.23 to newly released 0.26

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Oct 9 22:12:47 UTC 2012

On 08.10.2012 20:07, Craig Huff wrote:
> I'm currently (happily) running MythBuntu 10.04 (Myth 0.23), but about
> ready to upgrade to more current OS and MythTV versions.  I usually
> install the new stuff onto a separate hard drive, copy over the mysql
> DB (after making a backup or two [or three! ;)] ).  Will I need to go
> in stages with one or more intermediate versions of MythTV or will
> 0.26 support upgrading/updating the DB directly from my 0.23 instance?

quoting from the 0.25 Release Notes as that was the newest change I
remember:
   0.25 will only support direct upgrades from 0.22 or higher. If you
   are running an older version, you will need to do an incremental
   upgrade before then upgrading to 0.25. - see here for more details

so a direct upgrade should work.

but here are some other things that might be relevant for you in the
Release Notes' "Special Notices & Instructions" section of 0.24, 0.25
and 0.26 (e.g. audio device rescanning when updating to/past 0.24)

Regards,
Karl

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Release_Notes