[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Tue Oct 9 00:50:51 UTC 2012

On 9/10/2012 11:31 AM, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Michael,
>     So you had to show off and report the first bug. You get no reward;)
>
> Thanks for submitting the bug report I downloaded the bug archive and
> will look into the issue tomorrow.
>
> I already have a general idea what may have gone wrong. It is to do
> with subtitle detection which is difficult for me to test as I only
> have a HDPVR which does not record any subtitle tracks at all. In any
> event the text of the bug report indicates that this will likely be a
> resolvable issue.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Doug

On another file (recorded by same tuner, but different channel), the
transcode completes successfully, but mkv is choppy (stutters), running
ll_report on the file gives:  (I suspect that this is because the guide
data does not contain Season/Episode No.s or ProgramID, only Title and
Subtitle)

$ ll_report -f /data/mythone/sata1/recordings/1074_20120925202700.mpg
-b   (-w option gives the same result)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/ll_report.py", line 685, in <module>
     LL_REPORT.ll_report()
   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/ll_report.py", line 328, in ll_report
     self.mythtvinterface.get_recorded_data()
   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/importcode/mythtvinterface.py", line
308, in get_recorded_data
     episode_num=self.configuration['episode_num'])
   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/importcode/mythtvinterface.py", line
1325, in _get_tv_metadata
     if not self.configuration['v024']:
KeyError: 'v024'

$ mediainfo /data/mythone/sata1/recordings/1074_20120925202700.mpg
General
ID                                       : 1283 (0x503)
Complete name                            :
/data/mythone/sata1/recordings/1074_20120925202700.mpg
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 640 MiB
Duration                                 : 35mn 56s
Overall bit rate                         : 2 491 Kbps

Video
ID                                       : 881 (0x371)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main at Main
Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Codec ID                                 : 2
Duration                                 : 35mn 55s
Bit rate                                 : 2 238 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 2 000 Kbps
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Standard                                 : PAL
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.216
Stream size                              : 575 MiB (90%)

Audio
ID                                       : 882 (0x372)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Mode                                     : Joint stereo
Codec ID                                 : 3
Duration                                 : 35mn 56s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -699ms
Stream size                              : 32.9 MiB (5%)
Language                                 : English

$ mediainfo Gasolene\:\ 2012\ Temora\ 1000.mkv
General
Unique ID                                :
231693601426706942914334596102993264513 (0xAE4E90827C787EF0F37F86092BECBF81)
Complete name                            : Gasolene: 2012 Temora 1000.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 459 MiB
Duration                                 : 35mn 55s
Overall bit rate                         : 1 785 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2012-10-08 22:47:33
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v5.8.0 ('No Sleep /
Pillow') built on Sep  2 2012 14:52:40
Writing library                          : libebml v1.2.3 + libmatroska
v1.3.0

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main at Main
Format settings, BVOP                    : No
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG2
Codec ID/Info                            : MPEG 1 or 2 Video
Duration                                 : 35mn 55s
Bit rate                                 : 1 621 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 2 000 Kbps
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Standard                                 : PAL
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.156
Stream size                              : 417 MiB (91%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Mode                                     : Joint stereo
Muxing mode                              : Header stripping
Codec ID                                 : A_MPEG/L2
Codec ID/Hint                            : MP2
Duration                                 : 35mn 55s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : 12ms
Stream size                              : 32.9 MiB (7%)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No