[mythtv-users] Mythbackend successfully running on virtualbox (win7 (64bit) host; mythbuntu 12.04.1 (64bit) guest)

Krys Allen allen.krys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:57:51 UTC 2012

I have been running my myth backend server on vmware for the last few
months, everything works as it should and I am even passing my Ceton USB
tuner through to the myth server. There really is no reason why running
virtual should cause any issues except if you try to run a frontend and
actually play media files. The reason I am running mine in vmware is I
wanted to be able to move my tuner back and forth between Mythtv and a
Nextpvr to test both pieces of software, vmware allows me to move my usb
tuner with a click of a button.