[mythtv-users] MythTV Android Frontend is now available in the Google Play Market

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Oct 7 16:48:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> What's the current minimum requirement for the BE?  Will 0.25-fixes
> work?  As of which commit (i.e. git hash), given that apparently what I
> have doesn't have enough fixes in it for the Android client to work.

I'm not sure what minimum is, but it does work with the current
0.25-fixes (as of last night). If you are building it yourself, then
you might not have compiled it with the correct flags. That was my
case. I had a build from June on my system and it seemed to want to
work except for playback. Found out that I needed to recompile with
--enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame to get it to work. Instead of
recompiling my 4-month old version, I just did a new checkout and it
worked fine with those flags, but I suspect my previous copy would
have been fine if I had tried.

--
Ron Frazier