[mythtv-users] Any success with Intel graphics hardware and judderfree playback?

William Powers wepprop at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 00:45:00 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:
> Anyway, can I ask you to do a very quick test to see if you hit the
> same issue/bug as me? Go to Utilities / Setup -> Setup -> Appearance,
> go to the “Video Mode Settings” page, and check “Separate video modes
> for GUI and TV playback”. Now set:
> GUI=Your native resolution (like 1920x1080)
> Video output=Your native resolution (same as above)
> Rate=Any
> Aspect=Default
>
> If you try to play some recording now, does it then displace the
> picture like shown in my screenshots? To disable these settings again,
> just untick the “Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback”
> checkbox. I know that lots of factors come into play here, but if you
> do hit the issue, at least I'll know that this is a generic issue,
> which should be fixed. Thanks...

The settings you described are my normal settings and I see no problem
like your screenshots.  This is with ATSC & HDPVR content.

However, I was wrong about the single pixel green horizontal line. I
still have that with 1080i content and I'm working around it the same
way as before; by setting Vertical Scaling to "1".