[mythtv-users] Nvidia ION frontend

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Oct 4 22:02:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 05:44:56PM +0200, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello, I just change my system and now I have a backend on a different
> server, so I need a light frontend machine.
>
> My idea is to install 8GB SSD drive on a Nvidia ION board, and suspend
> when I switch off the TV.

...you could just shut the thing down entirely and use some sort of surge
strip or other means to disconnect it from wall power completely.

   Running an SSD drive would probably improve your boot time in that case.

   May or may not be worth the trouble.

   8G is certainly enough for a frontend only install.

[deletia]