[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Myth Steve stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Oct 4 15:42:04 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 01:41 PM, Myth Steve wrote:
> On 10/01/2012 10:11 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>

>> On 2 October 2012 07:18, Myth Steve
>> <stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
>> <mailto:stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 10/01/2012 09:32 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>>         On 01/10/2012 17:24, Myth Steve wrote:
>>
>>             On 10/01/2012 02:26 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>>                 On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>>
>>                     Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have
>>                     mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
>>                     am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>>
>>                     I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control
>>                     centre and it installed
>>                     but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an
>>                     internal 500 error.
>>
>>                     Does anyone know what I should do?
>>
>>                     My main reason for using mythexport is because I
>>                     don't see nuvexport in
>>                     there anymore. I basically want to trim out the
>>                     commercials on a few
>>                     recordings and export them from my recordings
>>                     area into the myth video
>>                     section. I'll use anything, as long as it works
>>                     and can get rid of the
>>                     commercial cut points.
>>
>>                     I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but
>>                     have them still look
>>                     pretty decent.
>>
>>                     Let me know what you think.
>>

>>                 I've been getting great results setting up user jobs
>>                 to use
>>                 mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg.
>>                 Here's
>>                 the script I use:
>>                 http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>>

>>                 Cheers,
>>                     Paul.
>>

>>             I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts
>>             out nuv files.
>>             In the rare occasion I want to copy a cartoon to my phone
>>             for the kids
>>             on a car ride, I don't think the nuv's will work on
>>             android. Am I
>>             correct? Or does mythtranscode output into other formats now?
>>

>>         mythtranscode in fifodir mode outputs decoded raw video and
>>         audio to
>>         two pipes. You can use another program in tandem to
>>         recompress. The
>>         script I linked to uses ffmpeg.
>>

>>     Thanks, I will try this and report back when I have a chance in
>>     the next day or two.
>>
>>     --
>>
>>     Sincerely,
>>
>>     Steve Peters
>>

>> Why not pull nuvexport from git
>>
>> I dis this today to install nuvexport into mythbuntu 12.04
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony

> How do I pull it from git and install it? I've really only installed
> deb's before. Is it source code? Just not sure what to do. Is there a
> deb file I can download and install somewhere?
> --
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Peters

Ok, to answer my own question...you download it here:
https://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport/tarball/master
Un tar it and just run nuvexport. No deb file needed.

I will play with it till I get it working and report back with my
scripts and config file so people can use it as an example

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters