[mythtv-users] 0.26 upgrade "no database selected"

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:15:43 UTC 2012

On 3 October 2012 16:52, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> /var/lib/dpkg/info/mythtv-database.postinst
>
> search for 'case "$1"' it should be line 74, you'll see where you can
> manually place your database info. I think you also need to fix the
> permissions for remote frontends to be able to connect. I'll figure
> that out for sure the next time I do a package update.

Steve,

Thanks for the info.

It did help, I got past that step eventually, although not straight away,
lots of messing around and not sure what solved it in the end.  I think I
have mysql issues.

Just a general question, how many entries do people have for their mythtv
user in mysql?  For example, one for "localhost", "127.0.0.1", then one for
remote frontends to connect?  So another entry with the master backend's IP
as host name?  Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Anyway, database updated when I entered mythtv-setup, then the local
frontend updated the database again for myth music changes.  Now, mythweb
does not work and I cannot for the life of me get my remote frontend to
connect.  Not my best upgrade experience, might go back tot the backup I
made this morning if I can't get things sorted tonight.

Cheers