[mythtv-users] Skip 0.25, Go to 0.26?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:45:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I've been running 0.24-fixes and I'm thinking about skipping straight to
>> > 0.26 since it's coming out today (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/).  Any
>> > thoughts from folks running the beta or release candidate?  Should I
>> > migrate
>> > to 0.25-fixes and wait a month or two before moving to 0.26?  Prudence
>> > says
>> > I should, but who knows....
>>
>> Generally I would say yes.
>>
>> there are hiccups with any upgrade, and it's possible something along
>> the way from 0.24 to 0.25 or 0.25 to 0.26 breaks something for you,
>> but the likelihood is minimal, and from what I've seen 0.26 is more
>> polished and has a fair amount of bugs fixed.
>>
>> That said, the interaction between LiveTV and the DVR functionality is
>> completely borked from 0.25 on at this point, so if you watch a lot of
>

> I have been happy with mythtv 0.26 and LiveTV using HD Homerun tuners, so
> what specifically are you refering to? can you point to some bugs? I have
> been running it for a few weeks now and haven't noticed anything major.

If you are watching live tv and Myth needs to use the tuner to record
something it will set that recording to the LiveTV recording group and
set the autoexpire to what you have set for LiveTV. If you exit from
watching during the recording it will stop recording the show as well.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!