[mythtv-users] 0.26 upgrade "no database selected"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:53:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 October 2012 14:17, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I believe that starting with 0.26 the mysql.txt is no longer used.
>

> Thanks Matt.
>
> Your quite right and I remember reading about this on the list, just
> couldn't find the threads.
>
> So I looked in config.xml as well, replacement for mysql.txt.  The password
> was wrong in there, so I updated that, but still the same error message.  I
> also tried some different "host" values (127.0.0.1, 192.168.10.12,
> localhost), but that didn't help either.
>
> Cheers

it's a packaging issue with Ubuntu. you have to manually edit the
post-install script for the mythdatabase package with your specific
information. I put it in manually as I didn't want to take the time to
figure out how they're "extracting" the info. It's really quite
annoying.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!