[mythtv-users] Problem with DVB USB and two simultaneous recordings

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Oct 3 08:25:33 UTC 2012

On 03/10/12 04:31, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> Using Mythtv 0.25 from the mythbuntu repository -
> mythtv_0.25.2+fixes.20120828.d519276.
> I have two Pinnacle 801E USB devices. I have never had a problem with
> them, but in the last week, when the system records two programs on the
> same multiplex using the same Pinnacle tuner, the backend hangs, and
> neither program is recorded (one program has a mpg file of around 300
> bytes and the other has no file at all). The frontend cannot connect to
> the backend when this happens. Another recording that used the other
> tuner at the same time is fine. I had to kill the backend to be able to
> connect to it again. This has happened twice, so it is not just a
> glitch. I used to be able to record two programs at the same time, but
> it seems that some recent update to the backend may have broken it. Has
> anybody else had this experience? For now I have set the tuners to only
> record one program at a time on each, but I wonder if there is a better
> fix for this.
> Peter

I would try a rescan. There have been recent changes.  If the Transports
Editor in mythtvsetup shows 5 SD transports, each with a netid (9018)
and a transportid, just delete all channels and Scan all known
transports.  Or search postings here in the past week.

Of course it might be something else.  :-)

John P