[mythtv-users] myth 0.25 and HD-PVR

Teruel deCampo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 11:36:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 03:54 -0600, Teruel deCampo MD wrote:
> opensuse 12.2 64
> mythtv 0.25.2
> nvidia GTX 580/driver 304.43
>
> Few observations.
>
> 1. very stable
>
> 2. the problem with colors that i had in one of the upgrades to 0.25
> under opensuse 12.1 are gone (I do not know if it was the new version of
> Suse or 0.25.2)
>
> 3. the commercial flagging is very reliable.
>
> 4. Mythtranscode does not work. In previous version (1) i marked the
> cutlist (2) I transcode  (3) a .nuv files is created without the
> commercials. Now nothing happens.
>
> 5. Mytharchive, works but it doesnot honor the cutlist. In another words
> an iso or a dvd is created but the commercials are left. This problem
> occurred under 0.24 but using Will's patch in mythbutn.py it worked, but
> mythburn has changed so the  patch does not work any more.
>
> 6. The way to go around #5 is to use projectx. Projectx cut the
> commercials. The problem with projectx is that works when I create an
> iso without menus. If I select any of the menu themes it finishes with
> errors.
>
> <<
> jic ProjectX
> 6.1. Needs to be installed. It is not part of myth. It is in packman
> (for opensuse)
> 6.2. After installation it creates a menu entry. Try to run it.
> 6.3. Mytharchive runs projectx xxxxx which fails. For some reason it
> requires the command to be projectx.sh. The solutions is to create a
> syslink
>
> # locate projectx.sh
>
> create the syslink there
>
> # ln -s projectx.sh projectx
> >>

> 7. Mythmote application for the android stopped to work sometime ago. I
> have not tried the application with the present setup yet.
>
> 8. My first hd-pvr (was one of the first ones that I got before they hit
> the market)caput. Now I got a new one and it seems to run a little
> cooler. It is working very well.
> The STB tunner is done using the serial port. The script I am using is
> from
> http://centerclick.org/programs/dct-channel/
>
> and this is the command I use in mythtv (Connect Source to
> Input/External channel Change Command)
>
> channel -d /dev/ttyS5 -c
>
> In summary excellent picture, very stable, hd-pvr works as expected. The
> only problem I have is that mythtranscode does not work and mytharchive
> does not honor the cutlist.

I solved the failure of mythtranscode to work. I change the encoder to
MPG4 (mythtv-setup/recording profiles/transcoders/autodetec from mpeg2)
now I get a nuv file without commercials. The nuv file does not work
with mytharchive :

(Option 'croptop' has been removed, use the crop filter instead
mythffmpeg: failed to set value '0' for option 'croptop')

but can be use with dvdstyler or other dvd creator.