[mythtv-users] Live TV interfering with scheduled recordings

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Mon Oct 1 05:39:44 UTC 2012

Even though she isn't usually watching it my wife *constantly* has live TV on, and nearly always on a cable channel that I only have one tuner for (HD-PVR /w one cable box). It used to be that if an upcoming recording needed to use that tuner it would popup a prompt asking the person using the tuner for live TV if they wanted to watch the show as it records/not record/ or exit live TV. Recently it seems the MythTV has broken and no longer prompts the user and just continues playing the current live TV channel. In mythweb it will show the show it was supposed to record as "currently recording", which you can't delete and only goes away after you restart the backend. The tuner status is shown correctly. Recordings that don't either don't conflict with live TV or don't happen when live TV is on all work fine. I'm running mythtv-0.25.2-2.fc16.x86_64.

Does anyone else have this issue or have an idea how to fix it (besides re-training my wife as that doesn't work)? I'm missing all kinds of recordings.