[mythtv-users] Zero-byte recordings on all tuners except HD-PVR

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Oct 1 02:11:54 UTC 2012

> On 09/30/2012 05:44 PM, Bob Sully wrote:
>> Hi all -
>>
>> Running 0.25.2-fixes on Ubuntu 12.04 - recently upgraded both Myth (from
>> 0.24-fixes) and the OS (from 10.04 (LTS)).
>>
>> I have a HD HomeRun (standard, not the Prime) with two tuners, in
>> addition
>> to a PC-HD5500 and an HD-PVR.
>>
>> Since the upgrade, I've only been able to record from the HD-PVR.
>> Recordings from both the HD-HomeRun tuners and the PC-HD (only using the
>> DVB tuner) produce zero-byte recordings - though the LED comes on when
>> the
>> HD-HR is supposedly recording and there is data coming in via eth0.  The
>> IP address of the HD-HR is static on my network is pingable.
>>
>> I get the following in the backend logs:
>> ProgramInfo(2071_20120930142900.mpg): GetPlaybackURL:
>> '2071_20120930142900.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.
>>
>> The storage directories haven't changed, write permissions are OK (and
>> the
>> HD-PVR is able to record).
>>
>> I have tried deleting all capture cards and then adding them back in and
>> linking up the video sources.
>>
>> Any ideas would be appreciated - thanks!
>
> Check dmesg for info on capture card problems--such as failure to load
> firmware or something.
>
> Mike

Thanks - but I figured out that it's not a Linux or MythTV issue at all.

The culprit appears to be Time Warner Cable.

I no longer have ANY clear-QAM HD channels.

The TV's tuner can also no longer display any broadcasts on the local HD
channels, which were previously accessible without the STB.  The old
analog SD channels can still be viewed.